Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How soon can divorce be granted?

• 03-06-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all
    Unfortunately my marriage is over (for no good reason) and I am distraught.
    But there's no going back as my husband has no desire to live together.
    We got married in November 2008.
    How soon can we get divorced? Will it be possible in November 2012?
    Is it necessary to get separated first?
    We have no children and no home together and there will be no arguments over money.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Independent12

Does that mean that it will be November 2013 at the earliest before we can even apply?
    Also - in terms of the statement of means - is this required if we both agree we don't want either of the others assets or money?
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Independent12

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

You have to be seperated for four years, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's a stupidly long four years. So you are looking at 2016.

Assuming that you both agree to the divorce it's a pretty straightforward procedure as far as I know (apart from the crappy four year wait).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭miss.piggy

Gillo wrote: »
    You have to be seperated for four years, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's a stupidly long four years. So you are looking at 2016.

Assuming that you both agree to the divorce it's a pretty straightforward procedure as far as I know (apart from the crappy four year wait).

I should have said - we never actually lived together properly since we married - due to recession and other reasons. So in effect we have been separated since day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

You could go along that route then, it's a very strange situation though not sure how easy it would be to prove to a judge that you seperated as soon as you married.

It's not something I know a lot about, you're best off seeking legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

You have to 'prove' (ie both of you have to agree) that you are living apart for 4 out of 5 years before you can go down the route of divorce. You can apply for it asap of course but it will take 4 years from the date you say you are separated. I am currently separated 6 years from my husband, not legally separated (judicial separation can cost thousands) but expecting a divorce date next month. We have no children or anything together and are both fully agreeable (for once) that we are divorcing yet it is still taking all this time even though we applied for the divorce in 2006!

Advertisement