Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hands. Robinson Bros Cavan

Options
  • 03-06-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello
    I'm wondering what ever happened to the Robinson Bros Cabinet Makers in Milltown Co Cavan??
    They were in the series Hands back in 1980 I think.
    I was looking at the film on them yesterday and wondered is the business still going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I remember that programme.
    There's no mention of them online, I'd guess they 'retired'.I'd love to hear what happened to the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

Just ran a search there because i was interested myself ,and there is a mention of them in the shooting forum from 2008 ,they were still going then restoring bits and pieces,where they are now i don't know,hopefully still going:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55244236

i think its the 8th post

• Registered Users Posts: 47 teckel

The three bros died within the space of a few years. The last died about 2.5 years ago. I really am saddened to hear this and the business is gone aswell.
    I worked at reproduction many moons ago and would have loved to have spoken to these Bros..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

ah that's a pity ,i really enjoyed the programme about them ,learned a few things from watching them too.RIP

Advertisement