Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Fibre - Wexford. VoIP issue?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've been using fibre with Magnet since January. It's June now and they never "ported" my phone number to VoIP, after giving them my UAN number with Vodafone etc. As a result I'm now down €50 per month (for 5 months rental) since January, on top of my new Magnet bill. My bad for not noticing at first but in March I complained and was told that someone would call me back. In April I sent an email complaining in writing - still no response, today being the 3rd of June.

I complained about the billing issue as well as the 100Mbps service (due to LAN ports) when I'm paying for 150Mbps. In fairness, it's still excellent, so I'd let that slide. But I also requested admin access to my router and was promised that an engineer would call me back. Needless to say this also never happened.

I subsequently had to cancel my Vodafone line myself to stop the ongoing billing issue, but I expect Magnet to reimburse me for their failure to do so at the time of the switch-over.

I now have no home phone usage at all. I tried to configure the VOIP service but without admin access the option (found in the manual) isn't available.

It's absolutely absurd and unacceptable that Magnet decline to give customer's admin access to the routers. I wish to manage the LAN and WLAN but I can't change any of the options, such as IP, SSID, WPA, etc. If they are concerned about any changes customers make to the routers, they should have a clause whereby any changes are at the user's risk and will be chargeable to rectify. :rolleyes:

I'd put up with it for the moment if I could activate the phone facility.

Has anyone else managed to set up the VoIP service without admin access to the TG789n with Magnet?

Any help is appreciated. If any magnet staff read this, I'd also appreciate a response to my complaint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Magnet: Gary

Hi Phynios,

I will need you to PM your account number so I can look into the VoiP issue for you, however what I can say is that if Magnet ported your number from another operator, then it is the losing operator's responsibility to ensure that the account with them is cancelled, magnet only request the number be ported.

The router you have is a home gateway, it is managed by Magnet and any changes you wish to make can be requested through our Customer Service team.

As I said please PM me your account number and I will take a look.

Thanks

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

I was one of the first to sign up for their "150"mbit fibre broadband.
    I was also one of the first to cancel it.
    For all the reasons you've stated.

Good luck.

Advertisement