Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What rules in the log book ?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Just looking through differentiation to give my daughter a hand and she cannot find her log book. She's doing ordinary level maths. Can anyone tell me what rules are in the log book for differentiation ? Quotient, chain, product rules? or if there's a pdf of the log book somewhere on line? thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

http://www.studentxpress.ie/tables.pdf

Thats all the maths stuff. All the other pages are for chemistry and physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Perfect! Thanks so much for that : )

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Does anyone know if we get actual log books on the day or just photocopies?
    I remember for Junior Cert we got copies and they were awful bad, impossible to make out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

treely wrote: »
    http://www.studentxpress.ie/tables.pdf

Thats all the maths stuff. All the other pages are for chemistry and physics.

That's the old tables that they have desribed at that link.

I'd suggest you pop down to a shop tomorrow and buy a set. It'll cost you the princely sum of €4.

As regards differentiation, it's on page 25 of the new tables. It has the product, quotient and chain rules, and a somewhat reduced list of derivatives from the old tables, but still all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

biohaiid wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we get actual log books on the day or just photocopies?
    I remember for Junior Cert we got copies and they were awful bad, impossible to make out!

The superintendent hands you out a proper set. You give it back at the end of the exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

The superintendent hands you out a proper set. You give it back at the end of the exam.

Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Thanks for the info. Bought her a set but she can't find them and they were hard enough to come by. She's going into the school tomorrow so will get her to photocopy the pages of a book from the teacher or someone else just so she has them to familiarize herself with. Now onto algebra..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chocolate Chip

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but is anyone selling a log book?

I can't get one for love nor money! Easons and O' Mahonys have both told me that they can't be got and I really need one for my night class. Thanks a million.

Advertisement