Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are over 23 or 19 club nights legal?

Options
  • 03-06-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Is it legal to have over 19 or 23 club nights in Ireland?
    Is this ageist behaviour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Clubs must have a sign, There is nothing wrong with the policy. Do you feel discriminated against by the student discounts you recieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

The Intoxicating Liquor Act, 2003 "waters down" (pardon the pun!) the Equal Status Act, 2000.

So, it's ageist but legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Clubs must have a sign, There is nothing wrong with the policy. Do you feel discriminated against by the student discounts you recieve?

I don't but non-students might.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 reux_

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm doing my LC now so I was a bit slow to check back.
    I'd read the day that I had made the original post that Dandelion were going to pop up the age restriction to 19. I don't really understand why this is necessary and its a bit of a hassle to que up somewhere and then be rejected for not being 19 (which has happened before)
    I don't know whether I truely think it's ageist or not, it does seem a tad discriminatory though.
    Why would you insinuate that student discounts are discriminatory? You could say the same for family passes, group discounts or OAP discounts (like free travel).

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

reux_ wrote: »
    Why would you insinuate that student discounts are discriminatory? You could say the same for family passes, group discounts or OAP discounts (like free travel).

or popping the age limit up to 19? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement