Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help i need a K.W.A. 2 piece hop-up unite

Options
  • 03-06-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Could someone please point me in the direction of a retailer who sells K.W.A. KM16 SR12 hop-up units its basically a 2 piece hop-up unite that's plastic but the only hop-ups that are compatible with this rifle is K.W.A.Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Johnny.G wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Could someone please point me in the direction of a retailer who sells K.W.A. KM16 SR12 hop-up units its basically a 2 piece hop-up unite that's plastic but the only hop-ups that are compatible with this rifle is K.W.A.Thanks in advance for the help.

KWAUSA sell them in the proshop for $25. Have not a clue how much for shipping, or if they deliver to Ireland but I'm pretty sure they do. Ill log on there later and find out for you if you want? (am a member on the forum) Or just join up yourself loads of usefull info on there.

You can mod your lower receiver to accept standard one piece chambers...but that's if you want to cut up the receiver with a dremel...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

You can mod your lower receiver to accept standard one piece chambers...but that's if you want to cut up the receiver with a dremel...

If you do mod your lower reviever to take a 1 piece hop-up unit then you will no longer be able to pivot open the receiver by simply removing the the rear body pin
    Some models of JG M4 also used a 2 piece hop-up unit as did Tokyo Mauri and it is possible that one off them will also fit

DeBurca wrote: »
    If you do mod your lower reviever to take a 1 piece hop-up unit then you will no longer be able to pivot open the receiver by simply removing the the rear body pin
    Some models of JG M4 also used a 2 piece hop-up unit as did Tokyo Mauri and it is possible that one off them will also fit

Well personally I would not do that mod but if it gets you out of a hole the pivot is a small price if you dont want spend money on a new one, I like the pivoting though adds a bit of realism when you remove the back pin!

And I forgot the air nozzle is proprietary so chances are you might lose some compression with an after market chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Johnny.G

Hi Southern Dandy and DeBurca

First off thanks for the help:).I have tried K.W.A. but i have failed to receive a reply about shipment to Ireland.Ideally that was going to be the ultimate solution.Southern Dandy if its little hassle for you could you please just check the forum or send me the web address.This would be greatly appreciated also I did consider the option of a mod but I nearly had to sell a kidney to get it so doing a mod with the possibility of failure isn't really an option.As far as other brand hop-ups are concerned not many are compatable but i'll give the jg and tm ones a shot it cant hurt not me anyways maybe my pocket :(but thats life ah well thanks for the assists.

Hi Southern Dandy and DeBurca

First off thanks for the help:).I have tried K.W.A. but i have failed to receive a reply about shipment to Ireland.Ideally that was going to be the ultimate solution.Southern Dandy if its little hassle for you could you please just check the forum or send me the web address.This would be greatly appreciated also I did consider the option of a mod but I nearly had to sell a kidney to get it so doing a mod with the possibility of failure isn't really an option.As far as other brand hop-ups are concerned not many are compatable but i'll give the jg and tm ones a shot it cant hurt not me anyways maybe my pocket :(but thats life ah well thanks for the assists.

Hows the going Johnny I pm'd a mod on the kwa forum and he is passing my message on to there logistics people so I might here from them soon. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Till then here's the kwa link to the proshop:

http://store.kwausa.com/partsaegkm4serieshopuphousing-1.aspx

I also found two American websites. This one is out of stock though:

http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-1218-kwa-m4-hop-up-chamber.aspx

And I don't know if this place ships international:

http://www.airsoftarmoryusa.com/unit-p-513.html

I honestly could not tell you if these websites are any good but said id pass them on to you none the less. Just out of curiosity whats actually wrong with your current chamber?

• Advertisement

Hi Southern Dandy

Thanks for all the help truely this is so helpful i've went to the end of my wits.The middle cog attached to the upper part of the hop-up snapped off because I was putting on a madbull rubber on a madbull inner barrel and just as I finished and went to get a cloth I let the barrel slip(wasn't yet in the gun and alot of silicon oil was used) it fell and so the cog and the spike its attached to snapped of :'(.Once again my most sincere thanks for your help you are what every airsofter should be.

Hi Southern Dandy

Thanks for all the help truely this is so helpful i've went to the end of my wits.The middle cog attached to the upper part of the hop-up snapped off because I was putting on a madbull rubber on a madbull inner barrel and just as I finished and went to get a cloth I let the barrel slip(wasn't yet in the gun and alot of silicon oil was used) it fell and so the cog and the spike its attached to snapped of :'(.Once again my most sincere thanks for your help you are what every airsofter should be.

*wipes tear from eye* :). Your welcome dude.

I could be wrong dude but those cogs might be compatible with other hop-up chambers and you can pick one of them up cheap. Deburca might know.

On a separate note, make sure your aeg does not fire hot with these upgrades, the hopup rubber should not increase fps by much but it can sometimes creating a better air seal, but the barrel can give a increase as much as 15fps. I could not install a tight bore barrel for this reason as it will more than likely make my gun hot mine fired at 320fps. I put a post up similar to what I'm saying.

I installed a madbull blue rubber and it was shockingly bad and when I put it in the brothers G&P it worked very well. I put in a Prometheus pink rubber and nub to my KWA and it was incredibly consistent. Went from hitting nothing at around 40m wouldnt even reach the target without a big adjustment in aim to easily hitting a the same target from 45m with zero adjustment.

Be careful with using silicone oil on some rubbers as it causes it to expand. anyway I'm rambling on here, so hope you get your KWA going.

I ordered the unit just there and it was the pin that separated from the body so the hop-up was written of and also i've checked the rubbers performance in the rifle before along with the barrel but thanks for the concern all the same i am all sorted now thank god.Good bye and God bless.

Advertisement