Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Strimmer

Options
  • 03-06-2012 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

hi all

I need to buy a petrol driven strimmer and havent a clue where to start. I dont know any of the brands and the prices vary so much. If you have one can you let me know what its like and if youre happy with it? Ive half an acre of high grass to get through, and I had an old electric one that burned out after 10 mins. any help on this would be great.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

For the first cut, why not rent one from most any tool hire places. A lawnmower on a high setting should keep it down after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

Thanks. I might do that, depends on the cost of renting one. I'll make a few calls and get a couple of quotes. Ill post the quotes up here just in case anyones interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

torrentum wrote: »
    Thanks. I might do that, depends on the cost of renting one. I'll make a few calls and get a couple of quotes. Ill post the quotes up here just in case anyones interested.

Around 30 euro a day for renting a petrol strimmer.

Advertisement