Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with my eircom ISP, HELP PLEASE!!

Options
  • 03-06-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I keep getting disconnected every 20-30mins on xbox live with my router, I would lower the firewall but are there risks? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

How is the xbox connected to the router. If by wireless try connecting by cable and see if it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JLAD95

Thanks but my router is downstairs my consoles are upstairs because there is no space downstairs, anything else useful?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Who is your provider?
    God I'm going blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is it the balck Zyxel modem, if so it's a well known issue. It makes any wireless devices connected re-authenticate every few minutes. If at all possible run a cable.

• Advertisement

Yes it is the black zyxel router thats notorious for them issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hozeman

Hi, on your computer address bar type the numbers 192.168.1.254 this will take you into your router settings.

Enter Password broadband1 for eircom

Along the side, expand Network, then click on Wireless Lan

On this padge you should see Reauthentication Timer and idle timeout timer, this is set to 1800 seconds or 30 min.

Set these to 9999 for maximum allowed time this should give you over three hours before disconnection.

Click on apply and thats it :)

Sound :P :D

Advertisement