Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaw socket popping

Options
  • 03-06-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.
    When I yawn or open my mouth fully my jaw sockets on both sides of my face pop out. The socket seems to roll naturally and then jump out of position. I have a very slim face and it is visably noticable. I have no pain with it and nothing else that seems to indicate tmj.
    I have had my wisdom teeth removed but it has been happening since before that.
    The only other thing is that my jaw has locked in my sleep but it was only when I had an abscess so I dont know if that is linked.
    I've gotten so used to it that I keep forgetting to mention it to my dentist. I am due a filling and will hopefully remember to say it to him but would anyone have any idea if it could be tmj.
    Anyone else got this problem?

Advertisement