Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOHO Hangover Defense - 20% off details

Options
  • 02-06-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

If you buy this online and use these details you get 20% off

Username - Ireland
    Password - Euro

www.nohodrink.ie

I get shocking hangovers, this stuff really works don't' know how but it does. Take on before you drink and one before bed and you wake up fresh as a daisy.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hmmm. Yeh sure.

The only "cure" for a hangover is to not drink as much alcohol.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭gipi

This might sell very well with the Tesco slab of beer offers on at the moment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

gipi wrote: »
    This might sell very well with the Tesco slab of beer offers on at the moment ;)

I doubt it. It starts from €17. Nobody is going to buy that much to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

A breakfast roll and a bottle of lucozade will do the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

daytob wrote: »
    A breakfast roll and a bottle of lucozade will do the same for you.

....or more beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Or Water, seeing as a hangover is basically dehydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Or Water, seeing as a hangover is basically dehydration.
    Spoilsport:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

There's loads of variations of these on the market in America. Tried a few of them last year (can't remember whether this was one or not). Anyways they don't work. For 17 euro- AVOID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Davie89 wrote: »
    There's loads of variations of these on the market in America. Tried a few of them last year (can't remember whether this was one or not). Anyways they don't work. For 17 euro- AVOID.

agreed. tried the noho last year at my xmas party. had the before and after and I had a top 10 hangover the next day.

USELESS!! drink water instead with your beer :o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Clementine2010

I found it really good actually, have only used it once, excuse to get drunk now to give it a second go....all in the name of science.... hiccup!

Watch this space

• Advertisement

I found it really good actually, have only used it once, excuse to get drunk now to give it a second go....all in the name of science.... hiccup!

Watch this space

Would you normally get bad hangovers???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

A milk thistle tablet, a multi vitamin and a pint of water before bed. That will do a better job.

Worse with age so I would never have more than a couple 3 or 4 drinks max. even at that I'm a write off the next day. Went a bid mad last Friday as I had a friend over from the Philippines I hadn't seen in ages and I drank a ridiculous amount tequila the lot, I was 99% the next day, a bit tired but I should have had my head down the toilet for the day! So yep i think they work although it would be rare these days I have a mad one!

Handy for Euros (celebrations or drowning our sorrows) and having to get up to work early next day!

HazDanz wrote: »
    A milk thistle tablet, a multi vitamin and a pint of water before bed. That will do a better job.

Never heard of taking a milk thistle, I'll give that a try! If I drink a pint of water before bed I end up worse due to lack of sleep from popping to the loo 10 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Worse with age so I would never have more than a couple 3 or 4 drinks max. even at that I'm a write off the next day. Went a bid mad last Friday as I had a friend over from the Philippines I hadn't seen in ages and I drank a ridiculous amount tequila the lot, I was 99% the next day, a bit tired but I should have had my head down the toilet for the day! So yep i think they work although it would be rare these days I have a mad one!

Handy for Euros (celebrations or drowning our sorrows) and having to get up to work early next day!

No matter how well a hangover cure could work, it's still very hard to believe that you could be 99% the next day. At the very least your liver and stomach would have taken a severe beating just processing all the alcohol.

For me, protein shake and some salty water before bed. Same again next morning with a barrocca, banana, lucosade sport. Diaralyte (an electrolyte) if you have it and also of course an Alka Seltzer if really bad.

Linoge wrote: »

For me, protein shake and some salty water before bed. Same again next morning with a barrocca, banana, lucosade sport. Diaralyte (an electrolyte) if you have it and also of course an Alka Seltzer if really bad.

Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

And burnt toast. For the charcoal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

What is in it?

Nice idea but I can see many taking the first one, then getting hammered and not taking the second one!:D

I think I'd rather abstain forever then drink salty water, surely that dehydrates you even more???

I think I'd rather abstain forever then drink salty water, surely that dehydrates you even more???

The complete opposite actually - you need salt in your body to stay hydrated. The reason you become dehydrated from alcohol is that alcohol pushes salt out of your system as well as water, so drinking just water alone is not enough to rehydrate you properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

If you buy this online and use these details you get 20% off

Username - Ireland
    Password - Euro

www.nohodrink.ie

I get shocking hangovers, this stuff really works don't' know how but it does. Take on before you drink and one before bed and you wake up fresh as a daisy.

They take a dim view of shilling on here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75240348&postcount=6
    Hi there

I'm in the process of trying to set up a networking meet in Dublin 15 that doesn't cost anything to join or have expensive weekly breakfasts. I have just set up a facebook page to try and get about 30 - 40 business/sole traders on board before I set up the first meet. FB page below, for those who want to join, we can discuss all the details there!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/D15-do-Business/127503930690801

You've done the same with dublin meat company on here, both noho and dublin meat are on the facebook page.

Linoge wrote: »
    The complete opposite actually - you need salt in your body to stay hydrated. The reason you become dehydrated from alcohol is that alcohol pushes salt out of your system as well as water, so drinking just water alone is not enough to rehydrate you properly.

This is correct.

But salt in the form of salty water is not absorbed in significant amounts to reduce the dehydration. It essentially will just pass straight through you.

Davie89 wrote: »
    This is correct.

But salt in the form of salty water is not absorbed in significant amounts to reduce the dehydration. It essentially will just pass straight through you.

How would salt from food or any other way of ingesting it be any different? What is the absorption process that is so different when salt is mixed with water?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

ahyeahok wrote: »
    They take a dim view of shilling on here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75240348&postcount=6

http://www.facebook.com/pages/D15-do-Business/127503930690801

You've done the same with dublin meat company on here, both noho and dublin meat are on the facebook page.

I knew something seemed a little off alright, good work.

Advertisement