Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top tech tip (literally!)

Options
  • 02-06-2012 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Feel free to laugh at my misfortune!!
    So I just put a V2 box back together for a customer and before I stuck on the top reciever I decided to test it.
    Little did I know my thumb was resting on the spring window at the rear of the gearbox when I pulled the trigger!!! Piston flew back and snipped the top of my thumb clean off!!!
    No stitches were required and thankfully it was set on semi!!
    At least I get to tell the owner that there is a wee part of me in his aeg!!
    ca860578.jpg
    So remember keep your effing hands away when test firing the gearbox out of the gun!!!
    Let the mocking commence!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maciek87

Happen to me once as well... only not with a thumb, between between the a thumb and a pointing finger, and (obviously) piston was stuck on the tissue there. I had to open the ****ing thing than... It was good 3 years ago, but by all means I do remember the lesson :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Had it happen to me and I know of few others who had the experience too. Something that tends to happen once only but is forever remembered.
    Hope it heals quickly.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Dude...I am so disappointed that you didn't caption that picture. It really should have been:

This tip gets a Thumbs up from me!

On a serious note, ouch! But...if you notice a performance increase, then we may be onto TM's magical secret of awesome range :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

Brings a new meaning to putting blood, sweat and tears into getting it done!

Get well soon thumb!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭SOCOM

It only hurts when I hitchhike?! Lmao

• Advertisement
Advertisement