Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New model citroen c4 problem

Options
  • 02-06-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi, I have an issue with my citroen c4 vtr 1.6 diesel new model 2011. Sometimes it shakes and looses it’s power while driving . Looks like it doesn't get enough of diesel or one or two cylinders doesn’t work at that time. Or it could be even clutch problem. And it doesn’t t matter what is the speed or which shift I am using... sometimes it works ok for few weeks, but sometimes it only shakes... Even it is dangerous to drive it as it can lose the power while overtaking... I left my car with dealer where I bought from for few days but they couldn’t t find anything. I think just because they checked only with the computer and there is no any fault lamp showing up... They said that they also tried to drive it in their yard and it was ok, but the problem is that the car doesn’t t shake all the time. So I can’t proof this to them...what do you think it could be and what should I do... It is a brand new car and I am very disappointed. Don t know what to do now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

If there are no faults showing up then is difficult to know where the problem is.
    I'd leave the car with citroen and demand that you do not want it back until the problem is sorted...they should should give you a replacment car.
    They can give it to one of the mechanics for a few days to see if the problem arises again.
    I had a 09 C5 1.6hdi in with much the same problem it turned out to be a frayed supply cable to the crankshaft sensor...but it was bringing up a crankshaft fault.....Hope you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Thank you for your answer. did you buy yours brand new? It's very strange as I bought it brand new and after around 5000k that problem started. Nothing strange happened... I think that time I used another garage to fill up it with diesel. But I don t think that the problem will be in that as after that I came back to my usual garage but the problem still there... I will try to do as you told me to leave the car for more days. Last time they kept it for three days, but I would say they spent only few hours on it as they drove only few hundred meters (checked the clock).

Row wrote: »
    If there are no faults showing up then is difficult to know where the problem is.
    I'd leave the car with citroen and demand that you do not want it back until the problem is sorted...they should should give you a replacment car.
    They can give it to one of the mechanics for a few days to see if the problem arises again.
    I had a 09 C5 1.6hdi in with much the same problem it turned out to be a frayed supply cable to the crankshaft sensor...but it was bringing up a crankshaft fault.....Hope you get it sorted.

Could you please tell me a bit more about your problem? I mean can you define car's behavior? (hope this expression is right in English language).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

The c5 was a customers car...it was driving normal and would start to run poorly/cutting out.
    Did the citroen garage fit a new diesel filter....?

Row wrote: »
    The c5 was a customers car...it was driving normal and would start to run poorly/cutting out.
    Did the citroen garage fit a new diesel filter....?
    I don t think so. it will due for service soon so will ask them to look at it. thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement