Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drinks

Options
  • 01-06-2012 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Can any of the long distance swimmers recommend protein or energy drinks that I can take during my swims.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Martin,

I assume this is for your Galway swim. You can get small energy gel shots which your canoeist can throw to you when swimming, small snack snickers ain't bad either....

Also maxim is carbohydrate Mix can be of use to you...make sure the week before your race you stock up on energy foods like pasta etc...also i know a few long distance swimmers and they swear by having some jelly beans in your arsenal is good also.

maxim drink

energy gels

more energy gels

But having said all this, water is the best drink really....the maxim drinks or power you can get to mix with water would suit you for long distance stuff, I wouldn't recommend using them day in day out just for your normal swims like you do everyday....

A good dinner and plenty of water is just as good. Anytime before a race I would have peanut butter and a banana all mashed up on a couple of slices of bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭martin6651

Thanks Mad like the snickers tip as I'm partial to them one of my fav. bars.

martin6651 wrote: »
    Thanks Mad like the snickers tip as I'm partial to them one of my fav. bars.

No problem Martin, When is that race on btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭martin6651

Sat. 28th Jul. no start time yet

martin6651 wrote: »
    Sat. 28th Jul. no start time yet

Great, well good luck with it and let us know how you get on.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement