Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utrasound

Options
  • 01-06-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi anyone know how much they cost when you go public?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If you are going public on your pregnancy, all your checkups, scans and antenatal appointments are free.

The only time you might decide to pay for a scan is if you wanted extra scans on top of the ones your hospital schedules you for which you would have to get in a private clinic and they can range from about €100 to €150

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cwtch_88

Neyite wrote: »
    If you are going public on your pregnancy, all your checkups, scans and antenatal appointments are free.

The only time you might decide to pay for a scan is if you wanted extra scans on top of the ones your hospital schedules you for which you would have to get in a private clinic and they can range from about €100 to €150

I'm new to all this so please excuse my blondness! So it's free even if I don't hold a medical card?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

cwtch_88 wrote: »
    I'm new to all this so please excuse my blondness! So it's free even if I don't hold a medical card?

Yup. Free for every woman in Ireland if she wishes :) I have vhi but chose to go public, and dont have a medical card. I also found out that the baby's 2 week and 6 week check up are also free after you give birth. I have a post-natal appointment at 6 weeks so I imagine that is also free.

I had a lot of appointments due to having an endocrinology issue already and never paid a penny. Same goes for if you have a little fall (which I did) and you go straight in to get checked out to make sure baby is ok. I had an emergency C-section plus baby went to neo-natal for a couple of days to get checked out - all free. I did give chocolates and other goodies to the midwives and nurses that looked after me and baby as a thank you, but that is entirely optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

We've had three private scans, regular ones cost 100 and the 3D one was 140.

Advertisement