Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home doppler

Options
  • 01-06-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all I bought an angelsounds Doppler to use at home and I must say really easy to find a strong heartbeat just wondering though when anyone has heard their little ones heartbeat did it echo?

I found the beat down towards my pelvis then I mooched around to hear movement and heard another near my bellybutton could it be an echo or twins??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Are you hearing two heartbeats or just hearing another heartbeat when you move to another location? You can hear the heartbeat in varying locations but it will be strongest nearest it's actual location.

Haven't a clue what twins would sound like but I guess a scan is the only way to be sure :) congrats....we love the heartbeat train...one of the best sounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cwtch_88

I haven't counted the bpm yet I guess I'll only know once I get an U/S!

Thanks I'm delighted to have one but two would be amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Hiya there cwtch, just wondering how far gone you are??

I was at the doctors at around 11 weeks and she tried to listen for my baby's heart beat and couldnt find it on her machine! She found mine alright and it sounded great (hah!) but not the babys. But then when we had the scan all was a-ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cwtch_88

I'm 21 weeks and 1 day :) we found out late that were expecting so haven't had a scan yet! Started using this Doppler about a week and a half ago it's my first so I haven't a clue if it's 2 bambinos or 1 just trying to scare me!!

I always find a beat around the pelvis and from other forums mummy's to be seem to have luck there congrats on the lil one :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Congrats on the baby yourself!! Your first trimester must have been pretty symptom free so! Woo hoo!

I was wondering where you got a home doppler machine and if you dont mind me asking about how much do they cost? I would love to be able to hear the heart beat....although I might freak myself out if i can't find it haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Rachinere - we got our from a friend but if you put doppler into the likes of amazon you will see they come in a range of prices. They are great & if our baby is ever quite I can reassure myself by having a little listen :) the placenta is on my back wall which i believe makes it easier for me to hear our little ones heartbeat :) You do have to be aware that you may not find the heart beat & not let it freak you out if that happens.
    For that reason many docs & midwives don't recommend them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

OP, the chord has it's own "heartbeat" which sounds a bit different from baby's (and can be heard elsewhere in the pelvis). Baby's heartbeat should should nice and "clicky", the chord sounds a bit "sloshy" or as if it has a bit of an echo.

Advertisement