Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College to PLC...

Options
  • 01-06-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am positive that I want to drop out of my college course. I have completed the first year of my level 8 program, for which I received a grant. I would like to do a plc course in September. I know it's a step back, but I would rather take a step back in the right direction than take a step forward in the wrong one.

I am aware that I will have to pay full fees for the first year of another 3rd level course, but I was wondering if I would be entitled to a plc grant having already completed 1 year in college?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

you will be required to study the first year of any new course (at any level) again without a grant. When you progress to second year, you should then be eligible subject to the terms and condidtions of the grant scheme for the given academic year. Hope this helps.

Advertisement