Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Ideas to get County Council to respond..???

Options
  • 01-06-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi.

This may be just a fantasy, but does anyone have any ideas of how to get action out of a County Council.

I live in Lucan in a relatively mature (~20yrs) estate that the council are responsible.

There is a fairly large amount of subsidence along the length of the main sewer line through the estate.

It's already broken up the wall at the side of the drive and I'm concerned it will eventually affect the whole house if left to continue.

I've rang SSDCC a couple of times about it, and also used the website, but have had no response.

I'm wondering if there is any "trick" that might shift this lot into action that anyone knows about. ;)

Thanks.

Gareth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'd get onto this guy first,William Lavelle,Local Councillor:

http://www.williamlavelle.ie/

And if you've no joy there i'd get onto Derek Keating,local TD:

http://derekkeating.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 swinburne

Cheers Lord Lucan, sent off a mail to the councillor this morning.......see what comes of it.

Thanks....!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Tell them it is a safety issue,if any of the children in the neighbourhood get injured that they(the county council) will be held accountable as you have reported it many times but to no avail.I know it is scare tactics but it usually works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I agree with Lord Lucan:

William Lavelle and Derek Keating are both very good at getting stuff done and especially in giving SDCC a good kick to get then to do something.

Advertisement