Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Ireland Play - HD Projector £150 - Amazon

Options
  • 01-06-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a cheap(ish) Projector to watch some of the Football on, and to have in general.
    Anyone have an opinion on this? - LINK (Reduced from £299)
    HD Projector For Game Consoles, TV, Blu Ray, DVD, PC, Laptop, Digi Box, Sky, Virgin, Media Player upto 120" Screen Size and Excellent Resolution - £150.64 (€187) Delivered

31kRxUXSLXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I see one reviewer said the Fan was a bit loud, but I would have it hooked up to surround sound, and for €187 i can deal with that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

Allyall wrote: »
    I am looking for a cheap(ish) Projector to watch some of the Football on, and to have in general.
    Anyone have an opinion on this? - LINK (Reduced from £299)

I see one reviewer said the Fan was a bit loud, but I would have it hooked up to surround sound, and for €187 i can deal with that.

i have the non hd version and altho fan is noisy but only with built in sound , hooked up to surround sound and u dont notice it ,

it isnt that much noisier than a pc tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks for that, think i'm gonna go for it.. The cheapest (apart from Pico Projectors and Non-HD) I've seen after that are €399.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its not a HD projector,the resolution is 800 * 600 ,its SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its not a HD projector,the resolution is 800 * 600 ,its SD.

..Lucky i looked back here before i ordered..

How do you know? I can't see any info about that anywhere. That said, i'll happily take your word for it, as i haven't grabbed fully the whole HD/SD concept. I know 1080/720 and that's pretty much where it ends.

I will have another look around, and it may be worth it to cough up the extra cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

From reading the customer reviews and product description on Amazon, the reason it's being advertised as a HD projector is because it accepts HD signals, but the native resolution of the projector is not 720p or 1080p rather a resolution much lower; probably 800 x 600, as Zardoz mentioned.
    Supportd 1080i/720P/576P/480P/576i/480i signals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you're probably looking at a minimum of £250 for a 720p projector and 100 or more again for any 1080p one worth buying and more again for something with decent 3D and another hundred or more if you want one bright enough to watch without blacking out the room.

they get very expensive very quickly once you decide you want a good one. :D

and then you're going to want a decent surround system to go with it as the built in speakers are always pretty poor even compared to cheap tv's and before you know it you've spent a grand, but you're sitting there drooling over your awesome new home cinema. :D

Advertisement