Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I use a different coloured biro for quotes?

• 01-06-2012 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭

This question is for anyone who teaches or corrects Leaving Cert English - should I use a different coloured pen for quotes? Apart from green or red, obviously! I always have done this to make quotes stand out, but I'm wondering whether correctors prefer it or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Absolutely no need to change colour of pen for quotations . Just keep on writing. Best of luck in your exams. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

That's what I thought! Thanks Crazyteacher. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Personally, I find it very annoying, I can spot a quotation without a flashing neon light over it:rolleyes: Addressing the question asked in a suitable structure is far more important than quotations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Don't bother. Just keep your handwriting as neat as possible. And please, don't bother 'quoting' at length from the texts in your comprehending section.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

Definitely don't. For one thing, it's a time waster and for LC English you need all the time you can get! Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement