Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Computational Finance vs NUIM financial risk and economics

Options
  • 01-06-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey, so heres the story. Iv been offered a place at NUIM (where I have just finished) in MSc Financial Risk and Economics, but iv come across the MSc in comp finance in ul. Iv no idea what one to do. I applied to smurfit for the quants finance masters but did not get accepted. the UL one seems to be very interesting and the fact that I will get my trader certificate and gain experience in trading thanks to their trading floor is class. However knowing what the financial risk masters is like from my friends doing it I know it is a good masters and i know all the lecturers and know that they are excellent and approachable which is very important to me.

I want to work in investment banking when i get older and know that I need a masters to progress. The fees for the nuim is 6000 and i can commute but the one in ul is 8000 and id have to live down there. I know both require extremely high work load.

Also having talked to a lecturer in DIT about a masters in ICT he told me that if possible you should do your post grad in a separate college to your under grad. Doesn't give the impression of settlement to employers.

Anyway if anyone has done this masters in UL or any other finance masters in UL would you pleae help me decide.

Id be down 300 euro for nuim as i have paid a deposit but that does not bother me.

Thanks

Seanog91:D

Advertisement