Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung support for LED TV

Options
  • 01-06-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Is there a Samsung rep on boards?
    I am having trouble with a Samsung LED TV. White patches on the screen. It has been replaced once but the problem is still there. Can anyone offer assistance/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If it's been replaced then is it possible it's the source ? Where are the white patches located on the screen ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

If you mean white blotches when the screen is dark then it's not something that can be fixed..

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭spoofer

Thanks for the response.

One pencil like light from each corner and one white area at the bottom middle.
    I do not accept that there is nothing that can be done about it. I paid a high price and was assured of a high picture quality. That is not there on the dark scenes. I have other LCD TV's and they don't suffer from the same issue (Sony, Phillips and Nordmende), so why the Samsung. I expect better. If there is nothing that can be done why don't they tell you that before purchase???

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

I don't know which model you have but I'm guessing its one of the slim bezel ones. It's why some of the other brands don't make bezels as thin as what Samsung are doing.

The issue is called "backlight bleed" or clouding. Might be worth looking for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭spoofer

The model is C7000.
    I will be dropping it back for another shot at a repair.
    All I want is for it to work as it should.
    Will let you know how it goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement