Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social: June Beers Saturday 30th

Options
  • 01-06-2012 11:35am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, the Sunday Afternoon Beers went very nicely, and our next outing is the evening of Saturday 30th June. Who's in?

We're going to the Royal George just off Charing Cross Road. It's nice and central while still tucked away just enough to not be jointed, and they have a decent selection of beers on tap. For pre-beverage nomming we're heading to the Bloomsbury Wagamama at around 6:30 (ie meet outside around 6:15).

Original post below:

It's time to get the next Beers thread rolling.

Poll as usual, though I've made this one multiple choice for a reason: I reckon we should have one "normal" outing on a Saturday evening (Shoreditch was a popular suggestion last time we talked about it) and an afternoon outing (on a Sunday, maybe) in a beer garden somewhere so we can enjoy the weather.

What say ye?

When should we have the June Beers? 13 votes

Sat 9th June
    0%
    Sat 16th June
    15%
    83steduffarama 2 votes
    Sat 23rd June
    15%
    silvervixen84Mc Kenzie 2 votes
    Sat 30th June
    15%
    ReekwindAnnaVanilla 2 votes
    Sun 10th June
    23%
    FyshphilologosAnnaVanilla 3 votes
    Sun 17th June
    7%
    83ste 1 vote
    Sun 24th June
    15%
    Fyshsilvervixen84 2 votes
    Sun 1st July
    7%
    AnnaVanilla 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Sun 17th June
    It's 9th/10th or bust for me...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sun 24th June
    serrity wrote: »
    It's 9th/10th or bust for me...

We could make it a 3-for-2 if people are around :D - especially if the weather rallies for next weekend, it'd be as good an excuse as any to find somewhere nice to sit outside. The Garden Gate in Hampstead is very nice (though tends to be hugely busy when the weather's good, at least on Sundays, so a table booking would be a must) or there's the Edinboro Castle in Camden (which is also nice & has a lot of outdoor space, but is insufferably busy when the weather's good and has a monumentally stupid bar layout that compounds the problem).

Any other suggestions for beer garden type places? We also need some ideas of where might be a good place to hit in Shoreditch. I know silvervixen84 wants to head to the Drunken Monkey but despite my fondness for simian-themed drinking establishments I fear the novelty wouldn't last...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Sun 24th June
    Right, I've picked the 16 & 17 as the London girly meetup is on the 10th and I'm busy on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Sun 1st July
    Ladies meetup this weekend and I'm going to Brighton the weekend after but last two weekends of June are good for me.

Hope to be able to stay longer this time! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm at a wedding this weekend and then in Ireland the following weekend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sun 24th June
    Right, Sunday afternoon beers are this weekend, with a pub to be determined by me later today (provisionally the Garden Gate up by Hampstead Heath).

The Saturday Beers are on the 30th, and rather than Shoreditch I'm going to say we try the Royal George just off Charing Cross Road. It's nice and central while still tucked away just enough to not be jointed, and they have a decent selection of beers on tap. I'm going to provisionally suggest breaking with the burger theme and heading to the Bloomsbury Wagamama for grub beforehand (say around 6:30), though if anyone has better/more interesting suggestions for food in the area I'm game.

Who's in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Fysh wrote: »
    Who's in?

Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The beers shall be attended by me; my nearest and dearest is away again thst weekend so he won't be in attendance! Hurray!

Sunday drinks; hope so, will there be a match screen available otherwise it will be just me;) I imagine the overground will be down.. Will check!

That pub is where Liam Gallagher judges 'Pup Idol' I believe.

Sun 24th June
    The beers shall be attended by me; my nearest and dearest is away again thst weekend so he won't be in attendance! Hurray!

Sunday drinks; hope so, will there be a match screen available otherwise it will be just me;) I imagine the overground will be down.. Will check!

That pub is where Liam Gallagher judges 'Pup Idol' I believe.

For Sunday, TFL reckon that the Stratford-Clapham Overground route should be OK. Some planned closures on other routes though.

I don't think the Garden Gate have screens. TBH given the way most pubs get when there's soccer on, I was trying to avoid pubs pushing screens. The Garden Gate tends to be quite busy on a Sunday anyway (to the extent that if you're getting food you'd want to be booking a table), so I'll keep an eye open for alternative options nearby.

Cheers Fysh! Ill try make it anyway!

Edit; no euro 2012 matches anyway on the Sunday day time :)

• Advertisement

Sun 1st July
    Won't be able to make it this Sunday but the 30th sounds great :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I can’t do this weekend because I’m in Ireland, and then on the 30th I’m going to a leaving party (old flatmate moving back to Italy). Arsebiscuits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭fluke

Will try to make it on Sunday. Any particular time?

Sun 24th June
    fluke wrote: »
    Will try to make it on Sunday. Any particular time?

Let's say around 15:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I was on the tube home today (meaning Saturday) after meeting a friend from home....had one of those ah feck moments when I remembered this was on, thought it was scheduled for Saturday. I shall be in attendance tomorrow (meaning today:P)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Hey! Any of you Irish ladies going today?

Hadn't planned on it as I had a day of flat viewings planned, but I've just found a place. Whoop whoop! So maybe I'll treat myself to a quick pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Hey! Any of you Irish ladies going today?

Haven't made it to one of the Ladies meetups yet but I'll be going to the beers today. It'd be great to see you there :)

So who's coming then?:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Sun 24th June
    I'll be there too :)

Sun 24th June
    Lazy afternoon beers FTW :D

• Advertisement

Sun 24th June
    Well, the Sunday Afternoon Beers went very nicely, and our next outing is the evening of Saturday 30th June. Who's in?

We're going to the Royal George just off Charing Cross Road. It's nice and central while still tucked away just enough to not be jointed, and they have a decent selection of beers on tap. For pre-beverage nomming we're heading to the Bloomsbury Wagamama at around 6:30 (ie meet outside around 6:15).

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Absolutely, always game to try somewhere with a nice selection of dark ales :-) Not sure I'll make it to Wagamama, but definitely the pub....

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

Hey, I'll be there for the pub :) it sounds good :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I may pop along with another boardsie at some point.

Sun 24th June
    I may pop along with another boardsie at some point.

Do sure :) Drop me a PM and I'll send you my number in case you can't find us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Sat 30th June
    Just to give you fair warning: I will probably be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Sun 10th June
    Haven't been to these in a bit. I'll be there :)

Sun 24th June
    Reekwind wrote: »
    Just to give you fair warning: I will probably be there

Ladies, you have been warned - the notorious (dare I say infamous?) 16oz of pure man will be in attendance :D

Sun 1st July
    Won't be able to make dinner, but I'll see you in the pub after :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭fluke

Hey will be at the pub alright but not grub, prob around 8.30 - 9

Advertisement