Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI €50 portable DVD player from 7th of June

Options
  • 01-06-2012 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Aldi have a portable DVD player coming in on the 7th of June. A portable DVD player for €50 is still a bargain in my book, but does anyone know is this the same as the last one they had that you could plug a USB stick into to watch .avi's and stuff? Doesnt say anything on the website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Looks exactly the same as the one I got the last time, and that could play from USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Soarer wrote: »
    Looks exactly the same as the one I got the last time, and that could play from USB.

ah nice, Ill get it anyway but if it played from USB that would be excellent. Do you remember did it say last time on the website that it played from USB? Ill see it on the box anyway on the 7th

Don't remember I'm afraid. Can't imagine it'd not use USB in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cianhamill

any idea what the battery time on this is like?

No idea when it comes to the dvd as I've never used it. It'd probably eat it, what with the moving parts.

As for USB, you'd get a good couple of hours from a full charge. Probably more actually. Never timed it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

No idea when it comes to the dvd as I've never used it. It'd probably eat it, what with the moving parts.

As for USB, you'd get a good couple of hours from a full charge. Probably more actually. Never timed it though.
    do you know does it have a cigarette lighter power adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JimmyTee

I got one of these the last time they were around.

It will play .avi from USB and SD but it won't play MP4 files.

If you buy one be careful when using the USB as the usb drive sticks out the back of player and i managed to snap the usb socket on my one.

I get about 2hrs battery on DVD and 3-4 hrs from usb/sd.

Great little machine i think. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If its same as 1 I got for 40 euro couple of months back, great little player, like the swivel screen. You get the fag lighter power supply as well as, carry bag thing. Works out a good bit cheaper than Argos for much better bit of kit.

OT but what format do you use to play off usb. I get picture but no sound. Too thick to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MrsG09

Hi all, I just bought one of these this morning, I was wondering how do ye attach it to the back of headrest for the kids to watch?

Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

think you'd be better off putting the money to a cheap tablet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Got one of these today. Does not have a USB port.

EDIT: Brought it back and got a refund. Also, there was no remote control in the box.

Advertisement