Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using the Thomson TWG870 USB port

Options
  • 31-05-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Is it possible to use the USB port at the back of the Thomson TWG870 wireless router to share a hard drive wirelessly between multiple computers on the same network?

For example, plugging in my 2TB WD HDD and watching films on it on my ipad usptairs. (I am currently able to do this using my macbook pro and the AirVideo app, but it'd be nice not to leave the computer on all day)

If this is possible, how do I go about setting this up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Not possible. The hardware supports LAN over the USB port (To connect your PC to the modem via USB) but not to stream media or share devices. I'm not even sure if it's enabled with the custom firmware used.

Get yourself a nice router, like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭martinosullivan

A well there go my planns to connect a printer to it. Will have to purchase a print server instead.

Advertisement