Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer takes a long time to identify router

Options
  • 31-05-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

It only a recent problem but its becoming quite annoying. When i boot up my computer it usually find the router right away but now it takes a good 3-4 minutes before i can access the internet. And when i click on my browser nothing happens until the router is found. Any ideas? no changes that i can remember have happened to the network as of late. It a wired connection. Running windows 7

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

version of windows ?
    do you mean wireless ?
    or wired connection ?

if you haven't rebooted the router in the last few months then do so, no point trying to fix a windows problem that's really an overheated / out of memory router

one old trick on XP and earlier was to put the router address in the WINS setting in TCP/IP properties

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Its says wired and windows 7 above :-P
    Ill try rebooting the router but I recall doing that recently. I might try a factory reset on the router and see if anything changes

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

No harm in updating you LAN drivers see if it helps

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Who is your ISP , There was an issue with the UPC thomson router rebooting when a pc was booted up and this would cause loss of connectivity as well.

Advertisement