Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 to €??? (Log)

Options
  • 31-05-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭

I guess it is bad form to start a log after already making a few bets, but I did not want to start this and have it die straight away, and be a waste of fourm space.

So the first good news is my attempt did not die straight away!

I started a PP account today, and decided I was going to make as good use of the free bet options as I could.

I deposited €50, and made the the following bets (one with my own €50, the other with the €50 free bet)

k33gr.jpg

Both came in, leaving me with €164.20 in my account.

I am prone to making bad decisions when I get a decent amount in my account, so I will use this log to try and make better decisions / keep track of stupidity.

I quickly withdrew my initial €50 deposit leaving me with €114.20. (which is my first good decision thanks to this log!).

Current Bank €114.20
    (plus another €10 Free Bet from Oddschecker)

Likely, won't make another bet until tomorrow (another decent decision I guess).

I should point out, that this is not a log for me to offer recommendations, I don't feel I make enough good decisions for that, and might steer people the wrong direction. This is purely to try and help me bet smarter going forward

Comments

tinodz wrote: »
    I guess it is bad form to start a log after already making a few bets..............
    Both came in, leaving me with €164.20 in my account.

Current Bank €114.20
    (plus another €10 Free Bet from Oddschecker)............

Fair play, a very decent start, well done :)
    I wouldn't personally have picked Opinion Poll but did fancy Carlton House to do the business back over 10f.

If you have any reservations about the bad form issue you could just start your log now with your balance that's there, we all know it's money you won so should it go tits up you have your own €50 etc etc :)

To have a decent chance of the log surviving over time you'd be wise to employ a sensible, conservative staking plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Thanks for the comments Rover :)

Decided to put my €10 free bet on...

Was @ 18/1
    16:05 INVESTEC OAKS EPSOM

Was looking for something big to put the Free Bet on (that had a chance of coming in if the stars were in the right place), so decided to go with this. I know a win is very low precentagewise, but I feel like going big with my Free Bet rather that sticking it on a Evens chance.

Was going to got €5 EW on BetterBeterBetter, but noticed I cannot split mt Free Bet for that.

I think I will be going back to Football bets from now on, regardless of what happens here. I feel I know those sports a tad better

CHRIST!

Was Wins (looks like it will be settled at 20/1 due to guaranteed price)

€114.20 + €190

Current bank: €304.20

Put a small bet (€4.20) on Turkey U21 @ 3.40 in play to win... it did not come in. In fact, Turkey went on to lose.

Bank went down to €300.

With that in mind, and after pondering this for a while, I have decided I am cashing out of this.

Three reasons:

- I basically made €300 free money - which is amazing for me
    - I am never this lucky on anything (even if I study a few stats here and there), so it will not last
    - I will make a big mistake soon, and lose a chunk (especially with the multitude of footy games in the Euros coming up)

I might stuck another €20 in to make a few fun bets with, but I do not want €300 in my PP account waiting for me to make a big mistake with.

Thanks for the replies. and the "Thanks" for this short lived experiment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Now that is sensible and successful gambling.

Well done, you appreciate your luck and run with the money before the luck runs out instead of convincing yourself that you have an edge over the bookies.

You're my new hero, enjoy the money!

• Advertisement

Now that is sensible and successful gambling.

Well done, you appreciate your luck and run with the money before the luck runs out instead of convincing yourself that you have an edge over the bookies.

You're my new hero, enjoy the money!

Thanks. I was not sure if I was being hasty, but seeing €300 extra in my Back Account makes me feel better.

If I was been super crazy, and happy to toss money about (which I am not) I would put all €300 on Main Sequence @ 10/1 to win (Potential returns: €3000)

There would be about a 0.0001% chance of me confirming that bet - so even if it does come in tomorrow, I wont feel bad.

Advertisement