Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anand Retains World Title

Options
  • 31-05-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Viswanathan Anand retained his Chess World Champion title after he defeated Boris Gelland in Moscow. After 12 regular games finished with a score 6-6,with one game won each the rest Draws,the two players played four games in a 25 minute per player Rapid format and Vishy Anand came out victorious.

http://www.fide.com/component/content/article/1-fide-news/6190-world-champion-viswanathan-anand-retains-the-title.html

The four tie-break matches and then all 12 regular games can be found here and played through. (Also linked on Fide.com Homepage at the minute)
    http://moscow2012.fide.com/en/

Bluff Notes:
    Vishy Anand is a popular World Champion.
    He is known to play fast but accurate chess.

World Number one, by fide ratings, is Norway's Magnus Carlsen (22) he didn't compete in the Candidate qualifier Tournament last year to find the Challenger to face Vishy Anand. He didn't like the format.
    He is likely to be a future World Champion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59,563 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

I miss the days of Kasparov- now THAT made chess interesting. The strategic/ positional play of Anand and gelfand doesn't really have the same impact on me compared to the blood-letting, brain twisting, hyper-tensioned style that Kazza used to bring to his games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheGogginator

ah wait until we have Anand vs Carlsen, there will be dynamic mind blowing chess there! Carlsen will wipe the board with Anand :D and I can't wait! :D

Advertisement