Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last night I got held up while waiting at a bus stop

Options
  • 31-05-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

So, true story kids:
    Yesterday evening I was at a bus stop waiting for the bus (no surprise there) when three teenagers and a knife show up. "We just want your cash!" they say, pointedly. Such terrible profiling. I'm hardly the go-to guy when it comes to cash. I hand over my wallet and mention with sympathetic dismay: "I think there's only 10 bucks in there..." He takes out the cash and hands back the wallet. A simple public transaction, you might say. He counts the bills: there's $6. He blinks. I shrug.
    Plan B mode: "Give me your cellphone!!!!" Humor, you toy with us! This adolescent delinquent joins the sorry few who realize just how rinky-dinky my cellphone is. In another life, it was a hammer. Imagine a phone that feels sorry for itself, daily apologizing for existing. That's my phone. Handing it to him was like passing a broken, quenched torch. He looks at it and is overcome with discouragement. The same way I felt when I bought it. We all give a sad sigh. It wasn't being a good night for any of us.

Reluctantly, they run across the street, past the shopping mall and disappear into the night. The two ladies at the bus stop sit in silence, frozen, staring at me, wondering what I'll do next. Indeed, what I do next wasn't easy. But I push myself to do it. I muster all the goodness within me and in my mind call out: "I FORGIVE YOU CELLPHONE, you dastardly excuse of a communication apparatus. Take my forgiveness with you and be whole!"

And just like that: all the bitterness I had been harboring for the past four months simply melts away. T'was a night of reconciliation, of forgiveness, of a poor boy being robbed at knife-point and somehow coming away richer.
    Nothing else happened that night except everything else that happened.

Oh, and did I mention: packed snugly away in my backpack, secure and at ease, rested an Alienware laptop and an iPad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Wow!!

That's the craziest copying and pasting I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Great story but I'm sure I redd it somewhere before... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Did the bus come on time?
    I hate it when they're late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Sooooo you had dollars? Bucks? Cell phone?
    Come on man, why not throw in a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich and be done with it!

So hi daniel gardiner :)
    http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/udt0m/last_night_i_got_held_up_while_waiting_at_a_bus/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Why was everyone dealing in dollars? Were you in Belize or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you could at least have changed the Americanisms. mall? dollars? cellphone? the fcuk you do you think you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

"shopping mall":confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

phill106 wrote: »
    Sooooo you had dollars? Bucks? Cell phone?

Yeah ? What else would he have outside the mall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

You had me until "kids".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh, and did I mention: packed snugly away in my backpack, secure and at ease, rested an Alienware laptop and an iPad.

3 hours ago it was a macbook and Ipad? :rolleyes:

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/udt0m/last_night_i_got_held_up_while_waiting_at_a_bus/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lucky he didnt rob your sneakers while he was at it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Wow, you are so good at copy pasting <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Hahaha OP caught rapid with a blatant copypasta! Bwaaaaahahahahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

"we want your cash"?? you need to work on your dialogue OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

So, true story kids:
    Yesterday evening I was at a bus stop waiting for the bus (no surprise there) when three teenagers and a knife show up. "We just want your cash!" they say, pointedly. Such terrible profiling. I'm hardly the go-to guy when it comes to cash. I hand over my wallet and mention with sympathetic dismay: "I think there's only 10 bucks in there..." He takes out the cash and hands back the wallet. A simple public transaction, you might say. He counts the bills: there's $6. He blinks. I shrug.
    Plan B mode: "Give me your cellphone!!!!" Humor, you toy with us! This adolescent delinquent joins the sorry few who realize just how rinky-dinky my cellphone is. In another life, it was a hammer. Imagine a phone that feels sorry for itself, daily apologizing for existing. That's my phone. Handing it to him was like passing a broken, quenched torch. He looks at it and is overcome with discouragement. The same way I felt when I bought it. We all give a sad sigh. It wasn't being a good night for any of us.

Reluctantly, they run across the street, past the shopping mall and disappear into the night. The two ladies at the bus stop sit in silence, frozen, staring at me, wondering what I'll do next. Indeed, what I do next wasn't easy. But I push myself to do it. I muster all the goodness within me and in my mind call out: "I FORGIVE YOU CELLPHONE, you dastardly excuse of a communication apparatus. Take my forgiveness with you and be whole!"

And just like that: all the bitterness I had been harboring for the past four months simply melts away. T'was a night of reconciliation, of forgiveness, of a poor boy being robbed at knife-point and somehow coming away richer.
    Nothing else happened that night except everything else that happened.

None of this is true :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

None of this is true :cool:

Yeah, we had that figured out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'll just go ahead and lock this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I'll just go ahead and lock this now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement