Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MILLIONAIRES WEEKEND

Options
  • 31-05-2012 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

It's that time of the month... when soldiers everywhere get paid right before the weekend.

So who else is going binging tonight/tomorrow/'til it runs out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I am anyway. I can see a lot of poor individuals coming back after this long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

discus wrote: »
    It's that time of the month... when soldiers everywhere get paid right before the weekend.

So who else is going binging tonight/tomorrow/'til it runs out?

i'm thinking that i 'deserve' something a bit gucci - the Berghaus Centurio is looking a bit nice, but i'm not sure i can part with my utterly disreputable Munro... however, my Buffalo mountain shirt is threadbare, and i think i might want a new one for the winter.

or, i could listen to my wife telling me how wonderful i am, and i could buy them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

It's begun.

Went out last night for a few, and woke up with no knowledge of how I got back...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Tonight out for a few after work with the missus,
    tomorrow nite with the lads local,
    sunday at forbidden fruits festival with another one of the lads from my unit...

or i could buy a pair of meindl army pro gore boots..... damnit.

Morphéus wrote: »
    Tonight out for a few after work with the missus,
    tomorrow nite with the lads local,
    sunday at forbidden fruits festival with another one of the lads from my unit...

or i could buy a pair of meindl army pro gore boots..... damnit.

Just use the memories (or lack of) of this weekend come december, when you're on a cold-as-**** stag, and blistered to **** :D

• Advertisement

...or i could buy a pair of meindl army pro gore boots..... damnit.

not sure i'd recommend the Pro's, the 'hi-leg' is very high, and its all weight. fine (if you like to feel like you're wearing stockings) for standing around in wet snow, but awful for long distance walking or any of that silly running about like the Infantry do...

the 'standard' Army GTX have an excellent reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

so if you lot are all on the piss for the weekend, who's defending the country :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

so if you lot are all on the piss for the weekend, who's defending the country :eek:

RDF... Chle,Deas,Chle,Deas... etc

Discus might be on the piss this weekend, but i stand ready - professional as ever, a steely-eyed dealer of death unto the Queens Enemies, steady of hand, firm of mind and just about continent. i shall certainly not be going to Pembrokeshire, hiding from all the jubilee nonsense and mooching around the local gear shops feeling up gucci kit and leering at all the surfing lovelies....

The Coastguard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

mattjack wrote: »

I feel safer already........:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

mattjack wrote: »

Nope, like i said im beering 3 nights this weekend and purchasing a pair of Pennies knock off Uggs for the winter stags.... my Bn at least is on a months RDF holiday during June... mostly due to lack of numbers and lack of a 5th Bn as theyve all f**ked off to the leb!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Nope, like i said im beering 3 nights this weekend and purchasing a pair of Pennies knock off Uggs for the winter stags.... my Bn at least is on a months RDF holiday during June... mostly due to lack of numbers and lack of a 5th Bn as theyve all f**ked off to the leb!:P

Do ya think I'd be allowed back into the RDF ? I miss my Gustav and can still remember my number after 20 years.

OS119 wrote: »
    Discus might be on the piss this weekend, but i stand ready - professional as ever, a steely-eyed dealer of death unto the Queens Enemies, steady of hand, firm of mind and just about continent. i shall certainly not be going to Pembrokeshire, hiding from all the jubilee nonsense and mooching around the local gear shops buying a long lens camera and a parka feeling up gucci kit and leering at all the surfing lovelies....

:P

discus wrote: »
    :P

shocking. the insolence of youth.

i take it you heard about that incident then - appalling over-reaction if you ask me: i was checking the security of the gym, i had not noticed that the WREN's were having a shower and lathering their firm, lithe young bodies and giggling provocatively, and i had just finished a vigourous PT session the effects of which were willfully mis-construed as the afterglow of Onan by a disgracefully biased Courts Martial.

i can't believe people are still talking about it.

Discus...has...headache...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

is it not still weekly pay in the army?

Advertisement