Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French speaking practice partner

Options
  • 31-05-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey,

I've been studying French evening classes in Dublin since Sept 2011. I'm looking for a French speaking practice partner or a social group in Dublin to improve my vocabulary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

Have you seen this? - The Dublin French Meetup Group ?
    http://www.meetup.com/The-Dublin-French-Meetup-Group/

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PJ4

Thanks franc 91,

I've registered as a member online, looking forward to the first meeting. Do you attend the meetup groups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

No not really - I happen to live in France, not in Dublin - in fact though I have been to Ireland before, I've never set foot in the place. In our family, I'm the only one who isn't French, so if I didn't speak it, life would be very complicated.
    Non, pas vraiment. En fait j'habite en France, pas à Dublin - bien que je suis dèjà allé en Irlande, je n'y ai jamais mis les pieds. Dans notre famille, il n'y a que moi qui n'est pas français, donc si je ne savais pas le parler, la vie serait drôlement compliquée.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Has anyone gone to the meetups before? I'd love to go, but I'd be going on my own and I'm pretty nervous and am sure my French will go out the window haha!

Advertisement