Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castrol Magnatec

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Chriscl1 wrote: »

Cool was wondering when it'd be back! just changed my oil and realised i'd less left than i thought! so my boot will be full of castrol oil and cans from tesco this weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just remember that there 4litre containers before you go and drain your oil to realise your short :)

5500 wrote: »
    Just remember that there 4litre containers before you go and drain your oil to realise your short :)

Yeah it's pretty inconvenient! You always have one with a 3 or 2 or 1 litre left in it every time (well except every 4 changes!) why not just make them 5L!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Yeah it's pretty inconvenient! You always have one with a 3 or 2 or 1 litre left in it every time (well except every 4 changes!) why not just make them 5L!

So that you'd buy 2 when you go to change your oil ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hibble

but43r wrote: »
    So that you'd buy 2 when you go to change your oil ;)

Because you've got just enough in 4 litres for a lot of 3 cylinder engines;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

With credit going to a similar thread over on the motors forum....

One lad was saying that he also spotted turtle zip wax 5L (was €21.99 - seriously over priced at that IMHO!) now €5.99 and even better it is 3 for the price of 2

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_166409_langId_-1_categoryId_212371

And even better again... if you spend over €50 in store, you get a €10 voucher to spend (must be used between 6 and 18th june though).

So this morning i got 2 x 4L of Castrol Magnatec and 3 x 5L of turtle zip wax for €51.98 and got a €10 voucher to spend as well.

Well happy OP - thanks again, as car needed an oil change and was going to do it this weekend anyway... and delighted that they had the 5W 30 and fully Synthetic!

* just out of curiosity - I rang a local motor factors here to see how much the same castrol magnatec 4L was by them... €44.95!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Access wrote: »
    * just out of curiosity - I rang a local motor factors here to see how much the same castrol magnatec 4L was by them... €44.95!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Which means that when you need it next time it will be cheaper to buy it there than at Halfords without the current offer. And it's the same with about everything they sell...
    The oil offer is great though, I bought it when when they had it in April for the same price. Happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Quaderno wrote: »
    Which means that when you need it next time it will be cheaper to buy it there than at Halfords without the current offer.

Think you are missing my point there Quaderno...

I am pointing out that the OP has shown many people on here an offer and for that i am very grateful as i would have otherwised payed out €44.95 in my local motor factors for just one 4L container. But now I have 4L for an oil change now... and a second 4L for the next time (and enough turtle wax wash to do a lot of car washing at home to boot) - all for the about the price i would have forked out for one container.

And the next time i need more oil, i will check BA first, so i wont be forking out mad money again.

Thanks again OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭CH3OH

One lad was saying that he also spotted turtle zip wax 5L (was €21.99 - seriously over priced at that IMHO!) now €5.99 and even better it is 3 for the price of 2

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_166409_langId_-1_categoryId_212371

And even better again... if you spend over €50 in store, you get a €10 voucher to spend (must be used between 6 and 18th june though).

So this morning i got 2 x 4L of Castrol Magnatec and 3 x 5L of turtle zip wax for €51.98 and got a €10 voucher to spend as well.

QUOTE]

I did exactly the same. It is a great deal... may start a car wash business

:)
    Just be careful as you need the original receipt with the €10 voucher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

CH3OH wrote: »

QUOTE]

am going in later to collect my oil. Will get some wax as well :-)

• Advertisement

CH3OH wrote: »

QUOTE]

Any restriction on that €10 voucher apart from the date? Any minimum spend or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

My local place has the 5 litre bottles of 10W40 and 5W30 for €28 each. Granted it's slightly more expensive than this bargain, but it takes the pressure off when these bargains come along! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Voucher terms and conditiions:
    1 excludes all Castrol Magnatec oil!
    2 may be redeemed between 6th jun and 18th jun inclusive at Halfords stores
    3 Your original receipt must be retained and kept with voucher
    4 May not be used in conjunction with any other voucher or promotional discount
    5 May not be redeemed against purchase of gift cards
    6 No change given for purchases of less than €10
    7 One voucher per transaction
    8 Not redeemable for cash
    9 Photocopies not acceptable
    10 Not redeemable via halfords.com or Halfordsautocentres.com
    11 Voucher redeemable against reservations placed on Halfords.com for payment in store

Advertisement