Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on clubs for underage girls

Options
  • 31-05-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am looking for advice on basketball clubs in Dublin to possibly join my daughter. She plays with her local club at the moment but I have been approached a few occasions over the past two years to say she that she is good and that I should look at proper training/coaching for her. I have been reluctant to change her as she is only 11 and enjoys playing with her friends but this year I see a difference in her as she is so determined and really wants to learn more. Has anyone else looked into this? I do not know much about the sport myself but I know she is good and would love to give her the bestopportunities if I could. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

The best way to go about it would be to see if there are any clubs in your area that are linked with a mens or ladies national league team and contact them about your daughter playing next season.
    Most of these teams have excellent under age structures and coaches that know how to develop talent.
    What part of the country are you in

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sigrace

Hi thanks for that flexicon, we are based in north dublin. there are plenty of clubs around but whatever one we choose i want to be pretty certain as I dont want to disrupt her again I might turn her off the sport and that is not what I want. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Slightly misleading thread title...

leggo wrote: »
    Slightly misleading thread title...
    Yeah I only noticed after I replied

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sigrace

Posted thread under basketball section in sports so assumed it would be self explanatory!! I am a novice at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Was only messing, someone had to point it out. Happens to the best of us!

Ok

The best clubs for ladies basketball would be Mercey College (Coolock), Killester and Tolka Rovers.

For info on the clubs and how to get in contact with the correct coach go to

Www.dlbb.ie

Sorry I can't link it properly as I'm on a phone.

Advertisement