Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank account for returning emigrant!

Options
  • 31-05-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    New to boards, but looks like the place to ask a question.
    I'm back in dublin after 8 years abroad. Had a student account with aib back in the day, which is now inactive.
    just wondering what the best bank would be to go with for day to day banking? i heard aib is charging now for a current account / debit card, and their online banking isn't great? priority would be for an account with decent online banking...
    thanks for the help folks!
    jg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

jgt wrote: »
    Hi all,
    New to boards, but looks like the place to ask a question.
    I'm back in dublin after 8 years abroad. Had a student account with aib back in the day, which is now inactive.
    just wondering what the best bank would be to go with for day to day banking? i heard aib is charging now for a current account / debit card, and their online banking isn't great? priority would be for an account with decent online banking...
    thanks for the help folks!
    jg

they all charge for current account now, and the AIB online banking seems to be one of the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seafield

I'm in the same position. Just returned as well.

What about permanent tsb? Is anyone with them? Are they any good?
    Or Rabobank?

I want to try my best not to pay charges.

Advertisement