Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 8 consumer preview available now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the consumer preview has been out since around the middle of march (edit: I downloaded it on the 10th March).

been running it on my wife's netbook quite happily for a while now, although it really needs a touchscreen to get the most of it, or even better, one of these when they come out: http://leapmotion.com/ (i have one pre-ordered). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

vibe666 wrote: »
    the consumer preview has been out since around the middle of march (edit: I downloaded it on the 10th March).

been running it on my wife's netbook quite happily for a while now, although it really needs a touchscreen to get the most of it, or even better, one of these when they come out: http://leapmotion.com/ (i have one pre-ordered). :)

Yeah, This is the final version before the official release

LINK
    Here's what Microsoft says is new or enhanced over previous beta releases:
    • New Bing-powered apps, including ones for travel, news, and sports
    • Improvements to Mail, Photos, and People apps
    • Increased Start personalization
    • Better multiple-monitor support
    • Better Windows Store navigation
    • New family safety and security functionality
    • Enhanced touch support for Internet Explorer 10

I had accidentally posted this in the Computers and Tech Forum, Not realising there was a Windows Forum :o

LINK TO WINDOWS 8 PREVIEW RELEASE

WCP will stop working in Jan 2013 according to the MS FAQ.
    If you install Windows 8 Consumer Preview using the Windows 8 Consumer Preview Setup program, you won't need to enter a product key—the setup program automatically provides the product key.
    If you create installation media, start your PC from the media, and then install Windows 8 Consumer Preview. You'll need to enter this product key:
    NF32V-Q9P3W-7DR7Y-JGWRW-JFCK8.

ISO FORMAT HERE
    Product Key: TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF

Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

Windows 8 FAQ

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Any notable changes from the initial Consumer Preview release?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Fysh wrote: »
    Any notable changes from the initial Consumer Preview release?

Windows 8 Release Preview: Aero removed

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows8/windows-8-release-preview-rip-aero-20032012-143133

looks like this windows is getting worse

Advertisement