Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on letter from jsa pls,

Options
  • 31-05-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

got my letter with my entitlements this morning bit confused :rolleyes: (nothing new there so),

basically im approved and they worked out 60% of hubbys wages and it says

"weekly means from spouse = 269.00 (rounded off) but i seriously dont think i get that a week? we currently have one child and another on the way to which i have to drop a birth cert for the new baby in as soon as i get it so my jsa can be ammended to accomodate it.

anyway what confuses me is thats the end amount on the letter (269euro, as being my entitlement)

so my question is do i half that or what way does that amount work? or is that what i will be getting as of the end of june when my jsb runs out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

How much does your spouse earn? They take that figure, deduct prsi, union subs and pension payments, they then deduct 20 Euro for each day he works (up to a maximum of 60 Euro) and then take 60% of that figure. This figure is then deducted from your Jobseekers payment.

With a partner and one child, your entitlement to start off with would be 342.60. If they are assessing you as having 269 Euro, they deduct this, leaving you with 73.60

See the following page for a detailed guide as to how it works http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/reference/worksheets/worksheet_jobseekers_allowance_and_income_from_work.html

If you think that the calculation is incorrect, ask them to review it. If still unsatisfied you can appeal.

If you need to talk to someone you could call citizens information or the Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed 01 856 0088

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

How much does your spouse earn? They take that figure, deduct prsi, union subs and pension payments, they then deduct 20 Euro for each day he works (up to a maximum of 60 Euro) and then take 60% of that figure. This figure is then deducted from your Jobseekers payment.

With a partner and one child, your entitlement to start off with would be 342.60. If they are assessing you as having 269 Euro, they deduct this, leaving you with 73.60

See the following page for a detailed guide as to how it works http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/reference/worksheets/worksheet_jobseekers_allowance_and_income_from_work.html

If you think that the calculation is incorrect, ask them to review it. If still unsatisfied you can appeal.

If you need to talk to someone you could call citizens information or the Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed 01 856 0088

thanks for replying just rang them there and got hold of the girl who sent the letter she explained, and that they are computer generated letters sent out, she was v.helpful and basically just told me what you said, at least i have a fair idea now, so basically i will get the 73.60 and when my baby arrives my hubby has to drop the birth cert in and i get the additional 29.80 bringing me up2 103.40, i dont get money for child 1 as hubby is earning over the 400euro. ah never the less thankfully i get something.

thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Play Bunny wrote: »
    thanks for replying just rang them there and got hold of the girl who sent the letter she explained, and that they are computer generated letters sent out, she was v.helpful and basically just told me what you said, at least i have a fair idea now, so basically i will get the 73.60 and when my baby arrives my hubby has to drop the birth cert in and i get the additional 29.80 bringing me up2 103.40, i dont get money for child 1 as hubby is earning over the 400euro. ah never the less thankfully i get something.

thanks again.

Just to clarify you have been given cda rate for child 1 as well as personal rate and adult dependant rate and then hubbys means are deducted.

with me being on this now does that mean i get fuel allowance in october?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

You have to be long term unemployed to qualify for fuel allowance, that is been paid Jobseeker's for 390 days. Before you reach 390 days, you will automatically receive a form in the post to apply for fuel allowance.

• Advertisement

ah no probs wasnt to sure, ive been on jsb for nearly a yr, and im automatically going onto jsa now end of june,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

A year of JSB is 312 days.
    So it'll be another 78 days from the start of your JSA claim before you qualify for fuel allowance. 78 days is 13 weeks.

If your hubby is working it is unlikely that you will qualify for fuel allowance.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/FuelAllowance/Pages/NationalFuelSchemeSummary.aspx

I dont know if you have a school going child but you may qualify for back to school clothing and footwear allowance

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW75/Pages/2HowcanIqualify.aspx

eastbono wrote: »
    If your hubby is working it is unlikely that you will qualify for fuel allowance.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/FuelAllowance/Pages/NationalFuelSchemeSummary.aspx

I dont know if you have a school going child but you may qualify for back to school clothing and footwear allowance

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW75/Pages/2HowcanIqualify.aspx

oh, my neighbour is on long term jsa and his partner does 3days and 2days on the social and they get it, my daughter is only 2 and they raised the age limit to 4 from last years budget..ah sure i'll see how we fair out...thanks;)

Play Bunny wrote: »
    oh, my neighbour is on long term jsa and his partner does 3days and 2days on the social and they get it, my daughter is only 2 and they raised the age limit to 4 from last years budget..ah sure i'll see how we fair out...thanks;)

They are both on social welfare payments so they would get it. AFAIK if someone in the household is working and not on sw payment you will not qualify but go ahead and apply you have nothing to lose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement