Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from UK online game shops

Options
  • 31-05-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Has anyone here any experience from buying games from UK sites and receiving them on/ before the launch day?

I'm looking to buy a copy of the halo 4 limited edition online, since Irish retailers don't seem to be stocking them on their websites at the moment.

Can anyone recommend some decent sites that should deliver on time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hello,

Has anyone here any experience from buying games from UK sites and receiving them on/ before the launch day?

I'm looking to buy a copy of the halo 4 limited edition online, since Irish retailers don't seem to be stocking them on their websites at the moment.

Well you could wait a bit and im sure they'd have it in a bit, the game is 5 months away

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

VinLieger wrote: »
    Well you could wait a bit and im sure they'd have it in a bit, the game is 5 months away

I'm an extremely impatient person. I want to just have it pre-ordered now and not have to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I ordered Max Payne 3 from Game it turned up Tuesday ........4 days After release ! You do take a risk with it coming from the UK they post for it to arrive at UK addresses on release day good chance it wont turn up here until after release.

Use gamestop.ie or gamesnash.ie and you stand a better chance of getting it on if not 1 day early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Hello,

Gamestop.ie have it available for pre-order? :confused:

mcgovern wrote: »
    Gamestop.ie have it available for pre-order? :confused:

They have the standard edition, not the limited edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Kerryairsofter

I wouldn't use play.com anyway there not great for delivering things on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kerryairsofter

But they do have a sexy DeadEye Helmet Skin if u preorder the normal ed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I wouldn't use play.com anyway there not great for delivering things on time.

3 weeks after the release date is a bit on the lax side I must say :/

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halo-Limited-Collectors-Edition-Xbox/dp/B00855JS2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338645752&sr=8-1

If you want to pay extra for Priority Delivery you should get it on release date or the day after.

Thanks for the suggestion Tij, I'll think about amazon, but i hope gamestop will start taking pre-orders for it. Their express delivery option online has the games delivered a day early always. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement