Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric cool box in Aldi

Options
  • 31-05-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭

After last weekends weather we decided to pick up an electric coolbox as our freezer slab one isn't great. As luck would have it, Aldi had one today. It's made by waeco, who are apparently pretty good. It has both mains and cigarette lighter plugs built in. Is 30 litre and is tall enough for 2 litre bottles. It cools to 18 degrees below ambient, which is pretty good. It also has an Eco mode which cycles the fan , but doesn't get quite as cold. It runs fairly quietly too. Standard Aldi 3 year guarantee.

I did a bit of research last week and the specs are pretty good. Especially for €50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Picked one up today, have to say its perfect for chilling the cans next to my pc!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

god's toy wrote: »
    Picked one up today, have to say its perfect for chilling the cans next to my pc!

"A Fridge too far"???......:pac::pac::D

Light hearted joke/humor.:)

A Bridge too far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

stimpson wrote: »
    After last weekends weather we decided to pick up an electric coolbox as our freezer slab one isn't great. As luck would have it, Aldi had one today. It's made by waeco, who are apparently pretty good. It has both mains and cigarette lighter plugs built in. Is 30 litre and is tall enough for 2 litre bottles. It cools to 18 degrees below ambient, which is pretty good. It also has an Eco mode which cycles the fan , but doesn't get quite as cold. It runs fairly quietly too. Standard Aldi 3 year guarantee.

I did a bit of research last week and the specs are pretty good. Especially for €50.

Goof value allright...its a good size cooler too.:)

Lidl have smaller travel cooler bags..these are actual cloth bags with shoulder straps and there is also a 30 litre plastic cooler pack with a 12v car socket for taking it in the car with you.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_30605.htm

Advertisement