Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of cigs in Portugal?

Options
  • 31-05-2012 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know what the price of a sleeve of cigarettes is in Portugal - is it true that as you would be buying them duty paid in an EU country there are no restrictions (apart from my wallet) on amounts.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

edit: oooooh you mean a big pack with 200 smokes.

they're cheap. but you're only allowed to bring a certain amount through before having to pay taxes on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What the hell is a sleeve of cigarettes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

In Spain they have gone up to €50 a 200 pack :O
    Possibly the same price in Portugal.

I remember getting 200 in Spain last year for like €30 :rolleyes: - recession

Dublin airport you can buy 200 for €40 in departures but they only allow you to buy one pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Dublin airport you can buy 200 for €40 in departures but they only allow you to buy one pack.

only if you're flying to a country outside the EU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    In Spain they have gone up to €50 a 200 pack :O
    Possibly the same price in Portugal.

I remember getting 200 in Spain last year for like €30 :rolleyes: - recession

Try €57 in malaga airport this week :eek:

pal got me some in lanzarote in Jan for €25 - though i know lanzo is a duty free island.

some diff in price.

though at 57 still 35 cheaper than here;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,635 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hi ifeelstupid, welcome to the Smoking forum.
    If you read the charter you'll find a link to Duties due on cigs you bring in. A search of this forum for Duties (or Taxes) will produce numerous threads.

If you have any questions after that then we'll be happy to help.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

vicwatson wrote: »
    Try €57 in malaga airport this week :eek:

pal got me some in lanzarote in Jan for €25 - though i know lanzo is a duty free island.

some diff in price.

though at 57 still 35 cheaper than here;)

They're cheaper in Spain when you buy them from the Tabac kiosks. The airport adds a few quid more as there's no fixed pricing in Spain. They were €46 per carton from the Tabac in April when i was last over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Got Bensons on the Madrid street tabacs for €43 last autumn. Exactly half price at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement