Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing recent filling

Options
  • 31-05-2012 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a couple of fillings done a few weeks ago.
    After the first was done I returned to the dentist a week later to have the second done.
    I told him I was having a little bit of sensitivity with the tooth he'd filled already and he told me it might be just settling but that if I continued to have problems he'd have to replace it.
    A few weeks later its still painful when flossing/exposed to hot or cold so my question is - will I have to pay to have the filling replaced or should the dentist do it free of charge considering it wasn't done right to begin with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

are you having any problem with the filling he did on the second tooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ciks

Thanks for the reply!
    No, it's just the first. The second one seems to be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

that would suggest that there is nothing wrong with the dentist's fillings but there must be something wrong with the first tooth that hasn't been remedied by a filling.

possibly a small crack somewhere in the tooth. Anyway the best person to investigate this is the same dentist who worked on it in the first place.

Advertisement