Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Thai Thanie closed?

Options
  • 30-05-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Going mad, i heard a rumour that Thai Thanie in Ballincollig is closing, supposedly theres a sign on the door saying closed until further notice. I've rang twice in the 3 weeks to book a table but it's just rang out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

both their midelton and ballincollig restaurants are closed...my favourite thai food by far... banna thai on maylor street is as good but without the fancy decor, especially the yellow curry

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Gutted... :( best Pad Thai evvveeeeerrrr.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Chicken pandan leaves were to die for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Sh1t, love that place, better food there than much of what I had I Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

The sign I saw on the door was closed for a few weeks for decorating, but that was about 2 weeks ago
    Toppy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

I heard a rumour today that it was closed due to fire safety. They only had the one exit and need to put in another.

It should be open again soon anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

any more on this lads?
    im fading fast for a decent pad thai.....

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

any update?

I spoke with Stephen the former manager recently ... the midelton restaurant is open as normal , it never closed. The ballincollig branch closed due to the buildings owners going into administration ... rebel bar group ... they hoped to open again but it is doubtful at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

strange, I think Sam's bar in the same building is still open. Sad loss to Ballincollig though :(

• Advertisement

When it went into administration the owners stop paying rent for a number of weeks...big mistake...they turned up one morning & all locks where changed ... they still can't get any thing out

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

TBoneMan wrote: »
    When it went into administration the owners stop paying rent for a number of weeks...big mistake...they turned up one morning & all locks where changed ... they still can't get any thing out

Any update?
    It was a nice spot to eat in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Still shut :( Miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭emeo

The one in Midleton is recruiting for staff, that only shut a few months ago, so keep the faith!! Be so good if it did reopen

Advertisement