Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orthodontist and jaw realignment

Options
  • 30-05-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,
    i was wondering if anyone knows anything about jaw alignment surgery, like do you always have to have braces afterwards (iv had braces before), how long is the recovery and how much generally does it cost?
    I live in Dublin.
    Thanks- i know its abit of a wish list query!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

OP it really is a how long is a piece of string question!

I'm sure OS will be along to give you some pointers...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

jaw alignment surgery is a joint procedure between an orthodontist and a max fax surgeon. braces don't always have to be there afterwards, but the surgery is only done once the teeth are aligned so that they'll basically slot together, giving a stable occlusion straight after the surgery.

best get on to an orthodontist to get it started, as they will be doing most of the work.

Advertisement