Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amateur irish musicians in south east

Options
  • 30-05-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

hello all,i am just wondering are there any beginner/amateur irish musicians in the south east that would be interested in learning a few tunes together,i've been learning the banjo for the last year and i've played guitar for several years(not in traditional irish style) .I've come to a stage where i'd like to be playing in a few sessions but am not finding anybody around my skill level or age,mostly seasoned musicians who are very accomplished at their craft ,which i could not keep into!:)

also any advice on learning or progressing very much appreciated

thanks a million in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Blue Dreamer

Carpenter trying to learn banjo myself last few months. Was up in the gealscoil in Gracedieu but found i wasnt getting anyplace fast. I know its not gonna happen overnight but would only love to try and get really good tutor that can devote the time to get me there faster. Did you get lessons ur just learn yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

i was getting lessons for a while,but then i figured out that the tutor was just photocopying sheets from gerry o conners book and jus playing them once or twice and telling me to go off and learn the tunes,so i went off and bought the book which has a cd of gerry playing the tunes included for €20 ,where as i was paying €20 a pop for the lessons for two tunes from the book :rolleyes:
    So thats how im learning the few tunes,its a slow process though!!

Advertisement