Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tattoo, ink "wiping" off?!

Options
  • 30-05-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hello all, I just got my 1st tattoo 2 days ago, delighted with the result, on the back of my left calf.

I kept it in clingfilm as told by my artist for about 4-5 hours, removed and gently washed with warm water and soap, and each time i've let it dry naturally in the air. I haven't scratched or picked at it at all, but when I apply the Bepanthen, each time I've noticed alot of little black pieces of ink/skin lumps wiping away as i gently rub the cream in.

Should I be worried? Today when I was applying Bepanthen, it looked like a piece of the design came off, as the letter A that starts the phrase seems to be missing a little piece to the bottom. Maybe I'm just freaking out as I'm inexperienced.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice i'd really appreciate it!

Thanks, D..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

relax, its only the scabs coming off

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwilco

Give it a few days and if needs be you can get a touch up. Keep it clean and keep putting on the cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Thanks for the replies, you think washing it gently twice a day, letting air dry and then applying benathen 2-3 times a day is alright as an after care regimen?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

djor88 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, you think washing it gently twice a day, letting air dry and then applying benathen 2-3 times a day is alright as an after care regimen?

I'd do it more often.

Advertisement