Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Loughlinstown roundabout today?

Options
  • 30-05-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Was stuck in traffic for ages coming off the M11 this morning and then heard there was an incident at Loughlinstown roundabout. Any idea what? Didn't seem to be a crash and just lots of gardai about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Same as myself, was detoured on to the M50. AA roadwatch just giving it the usual "serious incident" report. Probably a crash at the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WicklowGriff

I went through at 8am this morning. Gardai everywhere including up on the footbridge with a number of people. No sign of a crashed car anywhere but an ambulance in attendance. I'd say someone was threatening to jump off the bridge.

My wife is now stuck in the traffic around Bray as there seems to be no sign of it clearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Heard that it was an attempted suicide, but that could be just a rumour.

Traffic taking up to an hour from Glen of the downes to Loughlinstown
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Charleslando

guards are trying to talk someone down from the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

For once I heard a report on the radio before my last option to escape and went through Shankhill, traffic was grand up to Donnybrook.
    If you missus can get off at Bray then she will be okay as the Loughlinstown roundabout is clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

There was a guy standing on the outside of the railings with a good few Gardaí and paramedics around him. When I walked by him at around 8.20 he was casually chatting to them while drinking a coffee.

Hopefully they got him down alright. Crazy traffic disruption and use of Garda resources though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭captivo

There was a young fella standing on the outside of the railings. Looks like he was threatening to jump. Seemed pretty calm when I walked passed and was chatting away to the Gardai that were up there with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

mailforkev wrote: »
    There was a guy standing on the outside of the railings with a good few Gardaí and paramedics around him. When I walked by him at around 8.20 he was casually chatting to them while drinking a coffee.

Hopefully they got him down alright. Crazy traffic disruption and use of Garda resources though.

You're kidding right? Inconsiderate suicidal person, the cheek of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

RosieJoe wrote: »
    You're kidding right? Inconsiderate suicidal person, the cheek of them!

No I agree, daft attention getting stunt that disrupted the morning of tens of thousands trying to get to work to earn their own few quid. The genuinely suicidal dont pull this sort of comedy movie rubbish, and before anyone tells me I know nothing about it, I do. Hope his coffee afterwards was worth the selfish stupidity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I was stuck in traffic on a bus from wexford yesterday and I was sure I heard the bus driver say someone jumped from the bridge. I searched all the news sites to see if I could find anything about it but when I didn't find anything I thought that I must have heard him wrong. So he didn't jump then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No I agree, daft attention getting stunt that disrupted the morning of tens of thousands trying to get to work to earn their own few quid. The genuinely suicidal dont pull this sort of comedy movie rubbish, and before anyone tells me I know nothing about it, I do. Hope his coffee afterwards was worth the selfish stupidity

I imagine if someone is in a position where they are considering ending their life they've bigger problems to worry about other than you getting into work on time.

Glad the guy was okay, good to see this kind of situation working out for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

Seen hospital security with him earlier in the morning.must of been causing hassle in there beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

he was on the adrian kennedy show the other night, claiming that he did it because the state wouldn't give him the phsycological attention he required so he did it to speed up the process.

he apologised for the inconvenience to commuters!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭larry1

he was on the adrian kennedy show the other night, claiming that he did it because the state wouldn't give him the phsycological attention he required so he did it to speed up the process.

Listening to the Adrian Kennedy show is enough to let everyone know that he has phsycological issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

:rolleyes:
    what about the hundreds of thousands he cost the economy in delays and congestion - no thought to doing anything about that eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Is this the same guy from tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

Wils110 wrote: »
    Is this the same guy from tonight

Yes, he phoned in to FM104 from the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Looks like our friend is up on the bridge yet again this morning. Mayhem for thousands of people as the road is shut for at least the third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Is that what happened? I was there this morning and couldn't see any roadworks/ accidents. It's a horrible diversion route. I didn't have a clue where I was going - I just follwed the people in front of me and popped out more than half an hour later only about 200 yards down the road!

Same guy again apparently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Jeepers - hope it all turns out ok and the person get's the help they require.

they didn't the last few times apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OnlyMeAgain

Got stuck in the traffic this morning from this all the way from before the glen of the downs!

Only told what was going on when I got to work. Did they get him down ok?

yeah they did, he's an attention seeker.

He called the Adrian Kennedy show last year one night, then appeared another morning and did it again.

The state obviously isn't providing the care he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OnlyMeAgain

Yeah sounds like someone who needs to be forced into counseling!!

To phone into a radio show is a bit much!! and rush hour traffic in the morning is an odd time!! must have wanted an audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

yeah they did, he's an attention seeker.

He called the Adrian Kennedy show last year one night, then appeared another morning and did it again.

The state obviously isn't providing the care he needs.

To be fair, I think the Care he needs is the next time he does it for someone to go up with a brush handle and Poke him off the edge

21/25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Or peppersray and taser him before putting him into an ambulance to be treated medically. How many more times is he going to pull this stunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Bill him for the wasted time of thousands of motorists and he certainly won't do it again...
    attention seeking fool, time he was locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Any link to his appearance on the adrian Kennedy show?

• Advertisement
Advertisement