Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadcast fee for TV in waiting room?

Options
  • 30-05-2012 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All -
    We have a small waiting room for customers (patients actually, it's a GP surgery) which can fill up. Currently running radio in the background for interest etc.
    Thinking of getting a wall-mounted tv and running Sky News/RTE in afternoon etc etc. Would of course get TV license.
    Question is: are there commercial broadcast fees we'd have to pay - and if yes does anyone know what's the fee? Where do I enquire?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

bailey13 wrote: »
    Hi All -
    We have a small waiting room for customers (patients actually, it's a GP surgery) which can fill up. Currently running radio in the background for interest etc.
    Thinking of getting a wall-mounted tv and running Sky News/RTE in afternoon etc etc. Would of course get TV license.
    Question is: are there commercial broadcast fees we'd have to pay - and if yes does anyone know what's the fee? Where do I enquire?

Cheers

For the Radio you probably already should be paying IMRO, and they also charge for the TV too.

I see they have specific fees for dentist/doctors/etc waiting rooms.

I think thats once you pay them and TV license your covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 collinseliza

Hi there, i've just come across this thread. I have recently taken up a position that has a tv in the waiting room. The TV is there to occupy the patients while wiaiting to be seen (hence the term waiting room i guess!!), does this IMRO license apply to broadcasting TV even though it may not neccessarily be music?
    thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pentesh

Does anyone have any info on this? I would be interested to know what the current status, particularly as I have just heard about the new dual license from PPI and IMRO, I would like to compare options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Its a grey area as a dentist in Italy took the Italian version if imro to court and wob as he was able to prove that the music was not an intrinsic part of his business offering. - Basically he did not use music or tv ti attract customers, keep customers or get them to spend more.

Court found in his favour

Imro / ppi have not taken anyone to court who has a similar situation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement