Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Retardant for Ghillie Suits

Options
  • 29-05-2012 11:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Another odd one! I am looking for a fire retardant for a ghillie suit! Anyone got any ideas? I am aware a google search will bring me results but has anyone been able to source anything in Ireland?

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Another odd one! I am looking for a fire retardant for a ghillie suit! Anyone got any ideas? I am aware a google search will bring me results but has anyone been able to source anything in Ireland?

Cheers in advance!

Planning on camouflaging yourself in flames? ;)

Mind me asking why you want a flame retardant one? Well aside from the obvious like...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

I made the suit out of Jute and Burlap, its an extremely fibrous . . . . . . fibre I suppose, it also takes a flame extremely easily. If someone is having a smoke in the safe zone and maybe they bump off me, I will go up like a chinese fireworks factory.

Its purely being cautious.

3rd degree burns are not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I made the suit out of Jute and Burlap, its an extremely fibrous . . . . . . fibre I suppose, it also takes a flame extremely easily. If someone is having a smoke in the safe zone and maybe they bump off me, I will go up like a chinese fireworks factory.

Its purely being cautious.

3rd degree burns are not fun.

Never thought of that actually...here you go this might do:

http://www.safelincs.ie/Fire-Retardant-Spray/

But Id say that the likelihood of you bursting into flames over a fag is very small, not unless some pyromaniac flicks a fag butt at you in a movie like fashion. Having said that you never know really just give people a wide birth if there smoking, id imagine that retardant wont smell the best.

just read that the link i gave you says it odourless.

Never thought of that actually...here you go this might do:

http://www.safelincs.ie/Fire-Retardant-Spray/

But Id say that the likelihood of you bursting into flames over a fag is very small, not unless some pyromaniac flicks a fag butt at you in a movie like fashion. Having said that you never know really just give people a wide birth if there smoking, id imagine that retardant wont smell the best.

just read that the link i gave you says it odourless.

Cheers for the link! No matter how small the chances, IF it caught fire I would not be able to get it off me quick enough to prevent injuries! Its so, SO flamable, I may post a video later just to show how quickly it goes up.

Thats exactly what I am looking for cheers again Dandy! :D

Just showing how quickly this stuff goes up! Video quality is useless but you will definitely get the idea!

If you have made a Ghillie suit I highly recommend using some form of fire retardant.

DISCLAIMER:There is one unnecessary swear word within. I apologise!

• Advertisement
Advertisement