Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance with Pre-existing Medical Conditions

Options
  • 29-05-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I really need your help. My friend's mum who is 65 is travelling to Canada in a few weeks time. She has angina, arthritis and an underactive thyroid.

She's taking aspirin for her heart, lipitor for thyroid, she takes 4 medications for her blood pressure, 1 for arthritis, and she's had stents...

We rang Multitrip.com and they refused to cover her.

Does anyone know who will cover her?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Does she have VHI?

They are ok when you have medical conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Does she have VHI?

They are ok when you have medical conditions.

No she has no medical insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Have you tried justcover.ie:

In their FAQ, there's a question:

Q. Do you cover Pre-existing Medical Conditions?

A. We can get you cover for Pre-existing Medical conditions with our Partner Company etc.

There you will get all types of Pre-existing Medical conditions covered

http://www.justcover.ie/travel-insurance/docs/faqs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Shifty wrote: »
    Have you tried justcover.ie:

In their FAQ, there's a question:

Q. Do you cover Pre-existing Medical Conditions?

A. We can get you cover for Pre-existing Medical conditions with our Partner Company etc.

There you will get all types of Pre-existing Medical conditions covered

http://www.justcover.ie/travel-insurance/docs/faqs.html

Thanks that's gas we actually just tried them---€146! Thanks :) if we were shopping around, is there anyone else you'd recommend we try?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Mentioned here yesterday (for persons with pre-existing medical conditions) was a company called Allclear Travel Insurance. I think the quote is in sterling, but Ireland is covered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Try RSA too. My folks are well into their70s, both have preexisting conditions and have use RSA for a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Try All clear Insurance, I was very impressed with it, they quote me £99.64 for multiple trip for a year, I have serious illness that a lot of Insurance company wont cover..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

VHI cover pre-existing and you don't need to be a VHI health insurance customer any more in order to be covered by them. However, you might have to have some sort of medical insurance to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Hi, don't mean to hijack this but I have a similar issue and since this thread is a few years old I want to see if anybody has any recent advice on good cover. I'm going on honeymoon with my husband to be in September. He has Epilepsy and i'm struggling to find a good health insurance provider. with VHI multi trip from what I can see you need to have had a health insurance policy with them for 5 years before they cover for pre existing on their travel insurance policy. Any advice is much much welcomed

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Luc01 wrote:
    Hi, don't mean to hijack this but I have a similar issue and since this thread is a few years old I want to see if anybody has any recent advice on good cover. I'm going on honeymoon with my husband to be in September. He has Epilepsy and i'm struggling to find a good health insurance provider. with VHI multi trip from what I can see you need to have had a health insurance policy with them for 5 years before they cover for pre existing on their travel insurance policy. Any advice is much much welcomed

Ring Allianz. They have a medical screening centre which will give you a quote over the phone for pre existing conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Thanks Irish Phoenix, i'll give them a go!

Advertisement