Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catia training in Ireland

Options
  • 29-05-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Im currently looking to do some training in Catia. Out of work at the moment and want to work in the automotive industry which seems to use catia extensively. I have some Solidworks and AutoCAD experince but the catia would be another string to my bow I think.

I have done numerous searches and havent come up with any Irish training centres but have found some in the UK. Got a quote of £850+ Vat earlier for a 5 day course. I would have to factor in flights and accommodation after that then too so things would be expensive. If I found an irish course then I could eliminate those costs.

Even any in Northern Ireland would be ideal.

So does anyone know anywhere that I could do a Catia training course?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Catia V5 and V6 training courses are available online at myigetit.com.

Less than 300 sheets for the platinum course. I'd recommend the platinum one tbh. I've used it in the past for Siemens NX and for Solidworks and its really comprehensive. You do need the software though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Thanks.
    Yeah I had looked on that site but not having the software put me off.

I decided to just go for the course in the UK and I am going next week. It will be fairly expensive but hopefully it will be well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

BFassassin wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Yeah I had looked on that site but not having the software put me off.

I decided to just go for the course in the UK and I am going next week. It will be fairly expensive but hopefully it will be well worth it.

Can you let me know if the course is good? Its the only cad system i havent used, i was just thinking as well pentagon solutions in belfast are resellers for dassault( solidworks and catia) so maybe you could try them?

All the best
    dave

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

hey, the course would'nt be with Applied by any chance would it? Im looking to get catia v6 training as well and they seem to be the best. all the courses i can find are in the UK. Is the 850 just for the fundamentals course? I would be interested in doing all of them if i could but the site dosnt give prices. Could you let me know how you got on with the course your doing? Thanks

Yep it is with Applied KD11. To get the price I had to enquire about it and then they emailed me back with the price.
    I decided to do the Catia V5 fundamentals first and then will see about any others at a later date. Im hoping that this will help get a job in the automotive industry. Nearly every ad asks for Catia experience so this will show I have an interest in learning it.

Ill let you know how I get on anyway. Starting it next monday. It should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Thanks, Monday was a bit early for me so im starting the course on the 9th july. I'm more interested in the aeronautical side of it myself so i'm planning on doing the fundemantals, Advanced, Surfaces, Aerospace and then the V5 to V6 Transition course. From the sounds of it its not going to be cheap but what the hell you got to spend money to make money.
    Do let me know how you get on with it, and what the accomadation in the area is like and such. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eoinh123

Was the course any good? Thinking of doing it.

Yeah it was quite good.

Covered the basics well. I ended up not really using Catia again though.

Advertisement