Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechecks

Options
  • 29-05-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I did an exam yesterday, didn't go too bad, I reckon I did enough to pass but the lecturer is know to mark papers hard. So I am just wondering does anyone have any information on rechecks (eg. who marks them?).

Comments

A formal request for a Recheck should be made by a student in writing to the relevant Head of Department or Head of School, within seven days of the date of publication of results.

No fee shall be payable for a Recheck provided it is conducted during Consultation day, otherwise a Recheck incurs a fee.

A Recheck will normally be carried out by the internal examiner. When the internal examiner is not available, a suitably qualified substitute shall be appointed by the Head of Department or Head of School.

The Head of Department or Head of School, shall communicate the result of a Recheck, in writing, to the student.
    If a change in the result is recommended, the Head of Department or Head of School shall communicate the change to the Registrar and to the External Examiner.

The Registrar shall make the necessary arrangements to have the result amended on the Broadsheet of Results, and on the Student Records System.

Then there's the whole Review system - where it's carried out by an external examiner.

See = http://www.gmit.ie/presidents-office/quality-assurance/academic-codes-practice/code-of-practice-no7.pdf Page 31 for more details!

Advertisement