Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FURTHER QUESTIONS

Options
  • 29-05-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

I know this thread was a few years ago but I am hoping some of you may still be here to assist. I fell over a month ago and snapped a front tooth in half and damage the tooth next to my canine beyond repair so it had to be extracted (was split right to the top).

I had a filling in the one that was snapped in half (I also had a filling re done over the years in the other main front tooth). my dentist says the best option for me is a bridge and he mentioned yesterday a lava bridge, we did discuss implants but as he pointed out because I have a almost half size tooth filling in one, and a filling in the other originally done over 20 years ago but re done every few years, as my dentist pointed out years ago, that every time it needs Re filling a bit more tooth goes (it gets discolored over time). He mentioned at a follow up appointment yesterday that as these two front teeth are so filled and would probably need capping in time, then the bridge across the front two and filling the empty space is definitely a better option. I am wondering if I can have your advice, bearing in mind it now seems (by this thread) that lava bridges have now been around for some time, and I am wondering how the person who had the problem in the first place got on?

I am 46, just in case that helps with average teeth condition, gums etc

Thanks very much in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi there, i have moved your post to its own thread OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SUSAN STOTT

Hi there, i have moved your post to its own thread OP.
    that's a shame, now it doesn't have the title of the particular issue I was asking about, also I was interested in the comments and feedback of the people in the original link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

that's a shame, now it doesn't have the title of the particular issue I was asking about, also I was interested in the comments and feedback of the people in the original link

Yes, but that thread was 5 years ago!!

Ha Ha I know, but i wanted to see wether the person opted for implants or a bridge and how she got on. also if the dentist thinks lava is better 5 years on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ha Ha I know, but i wanted to see wether the person opted for implants or a bridge and how she got on. also if the dentist thinks lava is better 5 years on.

Chances are that person isnt around to be honest!

• Advertisement

Chances are that person isnt around to be honest!
    You never know, this may be their favorite ever web site haha.

Advertisement